Influenza Season HCP Education Opportunities
Public Health Ontario Grand Rounds Webinar: 2020-2021 Influenza Season
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:00-1:00pm. Register for the webinar here.
Topics to be covered include:
- The 2020 Southern Hemisphere influenza season, and the possible implications for the 2020-21 Northern Hemisphere season
- The products available as part of Ontario’s 2020-21 Universal Influenza Immunization Program, including the cell-culture based influenza vaccine
- COVID-19 related precautions for practitioners providing influenza vaccination
- Influenza treatment and outbreak management in the context of possible co-circulation of influenza, COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses
- The Influenza, COVID-19 and other respiratory virus laboratory testing algorithm at Public Health Ontario laboratories for the 2020-21 season
Save the Date: Influenza Information Session for Healthcare Providers
HPEPH’s annual influenza information session will be held on September 30, 2020. Stay tuned for more information.
HPEPH is gradually reopening to the public and is presently offering services by appointment only. We remain dedicated to protecting our community by providing local HCPs and community members with new information as it becomes available. Current information on COVID-19 specifically for health care providers can be found at hpePublicHealth.ca, Ontario Ministry of Health and at publichealthontario.ca.