Library Reopening Wed, July 8!
Library Open Hours:
12-3 pm Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat
Thursdays, 10 am-12 pm
Return Bin Open: 24 hours
We are happy to announce that, starting Wednesday, July 8, the Library will be opening its doors once again! Things will look a little different, so please read the following
Where do I enter?
- Please enter at the Library Annex (north) door, by the book drop slot. A staff member will be there to monitor the number of patrons in the building, and will let you know when you can enter.
- Exit by the front (south) door only.
What should I know before coming?
- We will limit the number of patrons, so be prepared to wait in line (2 meters apart) at busy times.
- We encourage you to use the provided hand sanitizer before entering and on your way out.
- Because of our occupancy limit, if possible, please limit the number in your group. For example, the kids’ area is very small and we encourage one adult to choose books for children, rather than bringing the whole family in.
- Please bring your library card. If you are checking out items for a friend or family member, please bring their library card with you, so we know you have their permission to check out to their account.
- Due to the narrow spaces in the library, we strongly recommend that patrons coming into the library wear a mask or face covering. Staff will be wearing masks or face shields.
- Patrons are asked not to linger. Chairs, couches, etc. will not be available at this time.
- Catalogue computers for patrons to use will not be available immediately, but staff are happy to search for items for you at the circulation desk, over the phone, or by email.
- Internet computers are not available at this time. We’ll let you know as soon as we can make public internet computers available.
- Our newspaper subscriptions have been suspended until we can provide space to stay and enjoy the papers.
What if I'm just picking up Takeout items?
- Takeout pickup is now at the Annex entrance by the book return (no longer at the staff door). If you're picking up items that you placed on hold from home and received a "ready to be picked up" notice for, they will be there, and a staff member will give them to you.
- Takeout pickup is available during our open hours.
- We check items out to your account before you come, so no need to enter the building to check items out. Just grab and go!
- Learn more about Takeout.
How do I return books?
- Our outside Book Return slot is now open 24 hours, and is the only place to return your books. Please do not bring materials for return into the library. Place them in the exterior return slots before you enter via the Annex, so we can quarantine them for 72 hours.
- There will be no book return inside the building.
- To return Med Shed items, please return them during our open hours, and hand them to our Annex entrance staff greeter.
- We ask that patrons please clean all medical equipment before returning it. (Staff will do a final sanitize and quarantine of medical equipment.)
How do I renew books?
- Please *do not* bring in items to renew. When you visit, tell us the book title and we will renew it on your account.
- You can renew your books yourself through our online catalogue. Log into your account to renew.
- You may also renew items with us over the phone or via email to email@example.com
What about due dates & fines?
- Due dates are back to their regular lending periods, and regular late fines are now reinstated. Learn more.
- Staff will check in your books after 72 hours of quarantine. You will not be fined for the quarantine period.
Will the Annex & Flex Room be available?
- The Annex and Flex Room will not be available for quiet study or private bookings.
I'm concerned about sharing books. What should I know?
- We will continue to quarantine returned items for 72 hours before checking them in.
- We offer hand sanitizer at the front door and in the building and encourage everyone to use it.
- If you like, you can further quarantine your books for 72 hours when you take them home.
- Read our Safety Plan here.
We thank you in advance for your patience while we all adjust and adapt our services to this new reality.
As we adjust our hours, services, and service delivery methods in the future, we will keep you informed via our newsletters and our website, as well as on Facebook,
We look forward to serving you in person soon!