Highlights from the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Board of Directors’ Meeting of September 1, 2021
The TNRD Board of Directors held its regular Board Meeting in-person and via Zoom at the Valley First Lounge of the Sandman Centre in Kamloops in adherence with the guidelines for organized gatherings as part of Step 3 of BC’s restart plan. The meeting was recorded and uploaded to the TNRD’s YouTube channel, view the recording here.
Gas Tax Funds
The Board approved the following requests for Federal Gas Tax Funds:
- $34,500 to fund the expansion of LED lighting on ski trails at Overlander Ski Club to 7.5 kilometers.
- $129,000 to fund the addition of a chlorination system for the Blue River Community Water System.
- $5,000 to fund cost-sharing of new electric vehicle charging stations with the District of Barriere.
The Board approved the following contracts to be awarded:
- Drillwell Enterprises Ltd. of Duncan BC for the construction of a new groundwater production well at Black Pines Community Water System, for a maximum price of $290,263.
- Frazer Excavation Ltd. of Maple Ridge BC for dimensional wood and yard waste processing services at TNRD solid waste facilities, to for an amount of $200,000 per year, to a maximum of $1,000,000 over a five (5) year term.
TNRD Organizational Structure Changes Approved
A report was brought forward from the July 15, 2021 Closed Board Meeting with a request for the creation of four additional full-time, permanent positions within the TNRD. Following a presentation from Mr. Hildebrand and a detailed assessment of organization structure and capacity, the Board approved the following new positions to be added:
- Administrative Support for Human Resources;
- Finance Technician for Finance;
- Administrative Support for Legislative Services; and
- Administrative Support for Operations (division formerly referred to as Environmental Services).
The next Regular Board Meeting is on September 23, 2021 at 1:30 pm.
Click here to view The Current on our website.