Dear members, dear partners,
The measures in the Wage Subsidy Program that was updated today by the federal government are encouraging us to stay the course and continue our mobilization efforts.
To that end, the government is strengthening its support for Canadian workers and shoring up the economy by ensuring access to a 75% wage subsidy for companies/non-profit organizations that have lost at least 30% of their revenues because of the pandemic.
- This supportwill be calculated by comparing the current monthly results with those of the previous year for the period March, April and May.
- The government coverage at 75% of salary will be capped at $847 per week or a maximum of $58,700 annually per employee.
- The application for assistance will have to be renewed monthly.
- The financial support will be available within the next 6 weeks,
- This assistance program excludes organizations receiving public funds
The federal government is calling on businesses to maintain employment ties with their employees and, whenever possible, to cover the remaining 25%.
Economic impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic will be significant, but I encourage you to consult the various programs that are available to you now to ensure the efficient and rapid resumption of our activities.
To make things easier in these difficult times, the entire Aéro Montréal team is mobilizing to offer you personalized support and to make new resources available to you.
In particular, on Monday we launched our webinar series. Many of you participated and I warmly thank you.
On Friday, April 3, we will continue this series with the webinar COVID-19 : Défis et obligations légales des entreprises en temps de pandémie (FULL), as well as on Thursday, April 9 with the webinar COVID-19 : Cybersécurité et télétravail pour les entreprises du secteur aérospatiale.
Please join us!
Until then, take care of yourself and your loved ones,
Suzanne M. Benoît,