Update on water restrictions in Bluewater Park and King Edward Bay
Staff met with consultants on June 26, who strongly advise that water restrictions should remain at Stage 4 of the Water Conservation Guidelines for at least one more week. The situation will be reviewed in one week and residents will be informed if a modified water restriction level will be implemented.
Please do not:
- Water lawns or gardens.
- Use garden hoses, irrigation systems, sprinklers or hand watering with watering cans.
- Fill pools, hot tubs or fountains.
- Wash driveways, sidewalks, vehicles, boats or other equipment.
- Use power washers.
You can conserve water by:
- Shortening your shower by 2 minutes can save 40 litres of water.
- Turning off taps when brushing your teeth can save 10 litres of water.
- Cutting down on flushing your toilet. Every time you flush you use up to 14 liters of water.
- Mulching around trees and shrubs to retain water in the soil.
- Adding compost to the soil in your garden to maintain soil moisture.
- Keeping a jug or pitcher of drinking water in the fridge to avoid running the tap until it gets cold.
How to get updates:
When more information becomes available, we will post updates on the ALERTS page, and you will receive updates by e-mail. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to neighbours in the area and encourage them to SUBSCRIBE to our e-newsletter to get updates.
Please contact Public Works at 604-947-0613 or email@example.com.