WMTY17 Was a Success! Check Out Its Impact
On June 6, patients, caregivers and health care providers participated in “What Matters to You?” Day, having conversations about what matters in their care. The results were amazing, and we were really inspired by all the stories we heard.
From Fort St John officially declaring June 6 “What Matters to You?” Day, to Surrey Memorial Hospital granting patient wishes about horses and favourite meals, to Island Health patients sharing what matters to them… we’re still glowing from seeing meaningful conversations in the spotlight!
If you’re curious about the numbers, on June 6, 2017, there were…
- 7,675 tweets about #WMTY17
- 2,015 people tweeting about #WMTY17
- 15.84 million impressions of the #WMTY17 hashtag (meaning the number of times #WMTY17 was seen on Twitter)
And we had:
- 600+ video views (over 3000 views on YouTube to date!)
- Almost 1,000 visitors to whatmatterstoyoubc.ca
- More than 60,000 resources in distribution across BC
We were moved to see that most patients – not only in BC, but across many more participating countries – had similar hopes, desires and priorities for their care, such as being close to their loved ones and being considered experts in their own care.
If you’d like to see what else patients had to say, we put together a visual story with some of our favourite #WMTY17 social media posts. Check them out by clicking the image below: