Lung Screening Program
Integrated Health Clinic is excited to work with the BC Cancer Agency in promoting their recently launched provincewide lung cancer screening program, providing access to eligible high-risk people at 36 sites throughout the province, using CT scans.
The Lung Screening Program launched in May 2022 expects to start screening close to 10,000 patients in the first year of the program, increasing capacity by approximately 15% per year. It is estimated the program will diagnose approximately 150 lung cancer cases annually, with more than 75% of these diagnosed at an earlier stage than without screening.
Lung screening is best suited for those who are at high risk for lung cancer and who are not experiencing symptoms. Eligible participants may include those who are:
- between 55 and 74;
- currently smoking or have previously smoked; and
- have a smoking history of 20 years or more.
This is another cancer screening program that IHC is now offering through the BCCA, a world leader in cancer screening and treatment. At IHC we also offer the following:
- Annual physical examinations
- Skin examinations with dermatoscopy
- Female pelvic examinations with pap smears
- Prostate examinations + PSA monitoring
- Breast health examinations, mammography referrals, bedside sonography, digital infrared thermal imaging
- Annual rectal examinations + FIT testing + Stool DNA testing for colorectal cancer screening
Let us help you design an annual cancer screening program for you. Based on your family history, your personal health history, and your risk factors.
Perhaps more importantly, we can also help with a cancer prevention and wellness plan.
As the founder and medical director of IHC’s Cancer Care Centre, Dr. Gurdev Parmar, ND, FABNO(USA) works closely with his associates to provide these and many other services.