Join the Library Board
Bowen Island Municipality and Bowen Island Public Library are seeking applications from Bowen Island residents interested in joining the volunteer Bowen Island Public Library Board.
We are looking for applications from members of the community with diverse lived experience, backgrounds, and skills who are committed to the ideals of open and equitable access to information through public library service.
Key duties of the Library Board are:
- Setting the strategic direction and goals of the library.
- Determining policy and rules for managing the provision of public library services and for regulating the use of the library facilities and programs by the public.
- Appointing and reviewing performance of the Chief Librarian.
- Preparing an annual operating budget to present to Council.
- Reviewing the annual operating budget and monitoring revenue and expenditures through the year.
The Board meets 10 times per year on the third Thursday of the month.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a one-page summary of their background, skills and expertise relative to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Read about the role of Library Board members.
Further questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants are asked to respond in writing, via email, fax or regular mail, with the requested information by Friday, November 26th, 2021 at 4:00 PM to:
Sophie Idsinga, Deputy Corporate Officer
Bowen Island Municipality
981 Artisan LaneBowen Island, BC V0N 1G2