While we want to ask "what matters" each and every day, June 6 is a great reminder to have this conversation on a regular basis. To help you prepare for the big day, our Guide to Having Conversations About What Matters is one of our favourite tools, with some great tips about asking the question on pages 4-10!
The guide also has helpful information on how to listen to what matters, including verbal and nonverbal approaches to active listening. Learn more on pages 11-14.
Here are some more resources with tips on how to ask the question and start conversations:
- Download the Getting Started Kit for tools specific to providers as well as for patients, family members or caregivers to help spark “What Matters to You?” conversations
- Share your story and let us know how it felt to have a conversation about what matters
- Order free resources to promote "What Matters to You?". We've got posters, pocket cards, stickers, and several other resources for patients and providers. We'll mail them to you anywhere in BC!
- Spread the word online using the hashtag #WMTY19
- Watch and share videos about how to have conversations that matter