Dear prospective students,

Columbia College is excited to welcome you to start your education journey with us in September 2021. The last one year had been a trying time for many and we are pleased and grateful for your decision to start in this new adventure with Columbia College.

On March 8, 2021, B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, advised public post-secondary institutions to begin planning for a full return to on-campus teaching, learning and research in September 2021, believing it to be very important for everyone’s health and well-being to get back on campus. Dr. Henry expressed deep confidence that the combination of mass immunization contributing to community immunity, the application of revised health and safety protocols in the COVID-19 Go-Forward Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Sector, and the regular review and updating of multi- layered institutional safety plans will support the safe resumption of on-campus activities. Please visit the BC Government website for more information.

Given this directive from the government to deliver a majority of university classes in-person, we envision approximately 60% of university classes will be in-person; the remainder 40% will be delivered either synchronously online at a set time (approximately 25%), or FLEX online (no set time at approximately 15%).

If you are not able to travel to Canada due to delayed Study Permit or travel restrictions, you can still start your studies with us through online learning from your home country. Once you are able to travel, the college highly recommends you to make arrangements to fly to Vancouver and get ready for in-person courses in January 2022.

All high school classes will continue to be delivered in-person and in a Hyflex mode enabling students to continue to study online if they wish. However, we do encourage in person attendance for high school as well, in order to gain a rich, in-person Columbia College and Canadian experience.

For latest updates on COVID-19, please refer to our website.

Have a safe summer and we look forward to seeing you in September, either online or in-person!


Robin Hemmingsen
Columbia College