Public Health 2020 goes virtual
- Public Health 2020 will be held as a virtual event. Organizers will use existing and new technologies to enable a modified version of the conference from 14-16 October 2020. Daily schedules will look different but the range of session formats will remain. Additional details regarding the program and registration will be available soon. Previously registered participants will be contacted regarding their options. Accepted presenters will be contacted regarding the status of their presentations.
Select COVID-19 publications in the Canadian Journal of Public Health are now free
- Select COVID-19 publications in the Canadian Journal of Public Health are now freely available during this pandemic through a partnership with the Canadian Public Health Association and Springer Nature.
PHABC Summer School: Public Health and the Anthropocene
Registration is Now Open for the Public Health Association of BC summer school. According to the PHABC "The Anthropocene is arguably the greatest threat to health in the 21st century, barring nuclear war. In order to significantly reduce our ecological footprint, a profound transformation of our society, economy and entire way of life needs to be realized. Yet at the same time we want to maintain a good quality of life and good health for all, and we want the transition to a ‘One Planet’ society to be socially just, and not increase health inequity. This has important implications for population and public health practice, at all levels from the local to the global. Our intent is to locate this year’s summer school in this global ecological context, while grounding it in local public health action and linking it to the emerging debate about the need for transformative societal change and a just transition to a sustainable ‘One Planet’ society."
CIPHI National AEC Registration is open
- Registration for the CIPHI National Annual Education Conference opens May 1 and the early bird rate is available until July 20. The conference is being held in Ajax ON Oct 4-7, 2020.
Sharing Research Questions for COVID-19
- The National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools is collecting research questions for rapid evidence syntheses related to COVID-19 currently in progress. If you or your organization are doing a rapid review related to the COVID-19 response, please share the topic and your contact information.
Various COVID Positions - Environmental Health Officer, Travelling Public Program
- This process will be used to staff immediate and future EG-06 vacant positions of various linguistic profiles, conditions of employment, geographic locations, security requirements and various tenures (permanent, specified term, acting, deployment, assignment, term, secondment) within the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result of the potential and possible use of the selection process and subsequent pool by hiring managers, we encourage all employees seeking this type of opportunity to apply.
Free NCCEH Online courses