Te’tuxwtun (Tey-tux-tun) is a unique development project located on the traditional territory of the Snuneymuxw people. It will develop 5.8 acres in the Harewood neighbourhood into affordable housing, services, open space and amenities.
Known collectively as the Knowledge Partners, the project is a joint partnership between Snuneymuxw First Nation, BC Housing, City of Nanaimo and Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools.
Te’tuxwtun is more than an opportunity for housing, services and amenities. This development aims to respect and realize the land to its fullest potential, foster community, and satisfy the immediate and essential need for housing and accessible services. As a community-focused project, public feedback is a priority throughout Te’tuxwtun’s creation.
The four Knowledge Partners are working together and listening to community needs to rebuild and restore a healing environment for future generations.
Priorities for Te’tuxwtun include:
- Restoring health to the land
- Building and strengthening relationships
- Affordable rental housing
- Interconnected and accessible community services
- Culture, parks and recreation services
- Learning alternatives programing
- Other potential community services identified through the planning process, such as health services and childcare
Your input is valuable to us in creating the most inclusive, sacred and safe space for our community. From today until January 28th, take the Te’tuxwtun survey.
TAKE THE TE'TUXWTUN SURVEY TODAY