Introducing your new Board of Directors
On the adjournment of the Annual General Meeting this month, your Federation of Mountain Clubs evolved significantly.
For the first time in many years, your organisation’s society bylaws have been revised and will allow for the organisation to move its agenda forward smoother and react quicker to the changes that are occurring in the backcountry of BC.
The new 10-member Board of Directors is:
- Dave Wharton – Valley Outdoor Association - President
- Ken Orr – Chilliwack Outdoor Club – Vice president
- Mack Skinner – North Shore Hikers – Secretary
- James Spencer – Alpine Club of Canada – VI – Treasurer
- Jay MacArthur - Alpine Club of Canada – Vancouver
- Alex Girard – Varsity Outdoor Club – Vancouver
- Andrew Drouin – South Okanagan Trail Alliance
- Robin Dunbar – Outdoor Club of Victoria
- Sherry Durnford – Island Mountain Ramblers
- Dave King – Caledonia Ramblers
While I list the clubs with which the Board members are affiliated, these new Board members are the FMCBC directors—elected to serve the entire federation of clubs they now represent.
A huge round of thanks to Ken Orr and the bylaws committee that worked so hard to make the bylaws work for an expanding—and truly trans province—club driven organisation. The bylaws clearly are representative of what has become a vibrant and progressive advocacy group.
Finally, a huge shout out of thanks! to Silvie-Maire Fortin who has been the FMCBC Treasurer for years, and a warm welcome to James Spencer who volunteered for that tough task on the Board.
Congratulations to everyone. We are all looking forward to great things in the next year!
Barry Janyk - Executive Director